Setting the Stage for the Mental Health for All Conference 2016 Together by Design Sept 28 – 30, 2016 Toronto
Planning is underway for the inaugural Mental Health for All Conference 2016 in downtown Toronto next September 28-30, 2016. CMHA National will lead the industry wide event with CMHA Ontario hosting the conference.
This conference will benefit individuals and organizations across the mental health, mental illness and addiction sectors. Partnerships are in place with the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) and the Canadian Centre for Substance Abuse (CCSA) to support program development, marketing and outreach to support the conference.
Setting this conference apart from past events will be the national focus on information sharing and partnership between Mental Health, Mental Illness and Addiction thought leaders, researchers, policy makers, service providers and front line staff.
The theme “Together by Design,” reflects that purposeful innovation and collaboration by sector partners are the keys to overcoming barriers, improving access to services and ensuring positive outcomes.
A pre-conference day is being planned for September 28 with in-depth workshops as well as a CMHA Ontario Conference. On September 29 – 30 a variety of panels, presentations, displays and keynote speakers will round out the themed program.
As the premier professional mental health and addiction conference in Canada, it will attract speakers and delegates from a diverse range of leading organizations.
The Mental Health for All Conference 2016 is expected to:
- Attract a new/more diverse audience of delegates and sponsors
- Provide an excellent and high value delegate experience with a focus on professional development and nation-wide collaboration
- Provide a showcase for successful programs, best practices and information sharing
- Grow the event each year and build on past successes
- Provide exhibitors the opportunities to meet face to face with delegates
- Provide a showcase for national and local media exposure and increased partnerships with members, elected officials and other stakeholders.
Call for abstracts
The conference streams, sub topics and submission information are online with the submission information.
The following streams have been identified by the Program Advisory Committee:
- Diversity in mental health / Serving Diverse Populations
- Prevention and Programs
- Advocacy and Public Policy
- Interactions with the Criminal Justice System
- Research and Practice Collaborations
- Social Indicators of Health / The Frontlines
Abstract submissions will be accepted until Friday February 12, 2016.
Please mark your 2016 calendars and plan to attend the Mental Health for All Conference 2016 from September 28- 30 in Toronto!
Register for conference updates online.
If you have any questions, please contact conference consultant, Maureen Shuell.