Web Links and Resources
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- Centre for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Prevention Workshops
- Coping with Suicidal Thoughts
Information and practical ideas for individuals who are contemplating suicide.
- Hope and Healing: A Practical Guide for Survivors of Suicide
Focuses on the practical matters that survivors need to deal with after a suicide.
- Working with the Suicidal Patient: A Guide for Health Care Professionals
Guide for the professional whose client is actively planning a suicide attempt.
- Working with the Client Who Is Suicidal: A Tool for Adult Mental Health and Addiction Services
A professional resource addressing a number of issues such as myths of suicide, how to build a trusting therapeutic relationship, mental illness and how to build a network of support in the community for the client.
- Honouring Life Network
A website developed to combat suicide among Aboriginal youth that targets both Aboriginal youth and suicide prevention workers in First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities.