Keele Street Women’s Group
KSWG is a social recreational program for women with serious mental illness, providing them with an inclusive and supportive environment where they can participate in workshops and recreational activities.
The Keele Street Women’s Group (KSWG)
is a social recreational program that facilitates the mental health recovery of women living in Toronto. This program provides opportunities for peer support, skills development and leadership in an inclusive and supportive environment. Members build new relationships and share their experiences with each other, promoting a sense of belonging. The groups go on monthly community outings that include activities such as bowling and the movies, as well as visiting special events and attractions throughout the city. On-site activities include craft days, games and entertainment days, healthy cooking classes, and workshops held on a variety of topics such as ODSP advocacy and medication management. Members plan their monthly activity calendar together and engage in fundraising activities throughout the year to help fund special events and outings. The KSWG is led by a peer support facilitator, who encourages and supports participants to live healthier lifestyles, and participate in social, cultural and recreational experiences.
Who is the Keele Street Women’s Group for?
• Women who are over 18 years of age
• Women who have been diagnosed with a mental illness
• Women who are experiencing social isolation
• Women who reside in the City of Toronto
Where is the Keele Street Women’s Group located?
• KSWG is held at the CMHA Toronto Social Resource Centre, located at 2700 Dufferin Street, Unit 56
What are the hours of operation of the Keele Street Women’s Group?
• KSWG runs on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays, from 10:00am to 1:00 pm. Members choose one of these group days, and are expected to attend on that day every week.
How do you apply for the Keele Street Women’s Group?
• Contact Routes
2700 Dufferin Street Unit 90
Toronto ON M6B 4J3
Comments are closed.