LGBTQ2S Housing Support Services Program
The CMHA Toronto Housing Support Services Program is a short-term pilot project that operates in partnership with the City of Toronto. The LGBTQ2S HSS Program provides short-term housing support services using a Housing First framework. A Trauma- Informed Housing Support Worker will provide housing help and support services for individuals who are currently experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness and who identify as members of the LGBTQ2S community.
- Individual is currently homeless
- Individual is at risk of homelessness
- Individual is currently willing to actively take part in own housing search
- Individual has a mental health diagnosis/issues
- Individual identifies as a member of the LGBTQ2S community
- Individual currently has a Community Support Worker or is willing to work with a Community Support Worker
What is the Trauma-Informed Housing Support Worker’s role?
The Trauma-Informed Housing Support Worker will provide short-term housing support services focusing on tenant support, housing support and/or eviction prevention through a Housing First and trauma-informed lens. The TI Housing Support Worker will assist with finding and/or maintaining housing. The LGBTQ2S Housing Support Services program will have access to apply for Toronto Transitional Housing Allowances (TTHAP).
How do I refer to this program?
- Complete the LGBTQ2S Housing Support Services Referral Form with client
- Submit the completed referral form by fax to 416-248-2784
What can I expect once I have submitted a referral form?
- An intake Administrator will contact referral source to complete pre-screen within 24 business hours of receiving the completed referral form
- Within 48 business hours of completing the pre-screen the Trauma-Informed Housing Support Worker will contact referral source to set up a meeting with the client and client’s Community Support Worker to determine suitability for the program