Family Support and Family Education Groups
Recovery for Families
This is a 10 week group for families of people who are struggling with mental health issues. The group is delivered through CMHA’s Family Outreach & Response Program by mental health professionals with lived and/or family mental health experience. The group is offered free of charge. Examples of topics covered include – Recovery: What Helps & Hinders, Communication Skills, Understanding Motivation and Mental Health.
If you are interested in attending our Recovery For Families Group, please see our Workshop Calendar for details.
Where: Family Outreach & Response Program Office, 2333 Dundas St. W, Suite 501
To register please contact 416-539-9449 x228
NAMI Family to Family Education Program
This is a 12-week educational program for families who have a loved one living with mental health challenges, and is taught by trained family members. The course if offered free of charge and includes:
- Current information about major mental illnesses, dual-diagnosis, and concurrent disorders
- Up-to-date information about treatment, including medications and side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Current research on the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
- Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services for upcoming Dates, Times and Cost
If you are interested in attending our NAMI Family to Family Education Program, please see our Workshop Calendar for details.
Registration by telephone or email only. To register please call 416-789-7957 ext 3035 or email email@example.com