Post Incarceration Housing Program
CMHA Toronto Post Incarceration Workers are available at the Etobicoke, North York and Scarborough courts to assist individuals who are released from custody or have court matters.
The Post Incarceration Housing Program (PIHP)
in partnership with the City of Toronto Streets to Homes Program, supports individuals who have recent or current involvement in the criminal justice system to find and maintain affordable housing through partnerships and referrals to private landlords, public housing and other agencies that offer housing assistance as well as follow-up support services.
Our objective is to prevent the cycle of homelessness and incarceration by assisting individuals to find and maintain affordable housing. We also help them to obtain the services and supports they need in their community.
Who are Post Incarceration Housing Services for?
• Individuals with mental health and/or addiction issues
• Individuals with recent or current criminal justice involvement
• Individuals who are homeless, or who are at risk of becoming homeless
What do Post Incarceration Housing Services include?
• Housing help
• Access to income benefits and ID replacement
• Assistance to obtain furniture
• Linkages to treatment and rehabilitation services
• Eviction prevention
• Assistance with activities of daily living
• Goal planning
Where are Post Incarceration Housing Services offered?
• Post Incarceration Housing Services are offered throughout the City of Toronto
How do you apply for Post-Incarceration Housing Services?