ASIST, from LivingWorks, is a 2-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help individuals recognize the risk of suicide, and learn how to intervene to prevent the risk of suicidal thoughts from becoming suicidal behaviours. Suitable for all persons in positions of trust: health professionals, social service workers, teachers, counsellors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, and community volunteers. Prepared caregivers can help prevent suicide.
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
ASIST is only available in-person.
Fee: $275 per person
To purchase your ticket for this event, click here.