Family Outreach and Response (FOR) Program
The Family Outreach and Response (FOR) Program at CMHA Toronto provides recovery-oriented support to people who care about someone experiencing a mental health issue. We know that families and friends of people struggling with mental health issues require support, information and skills to help create an atmosphere of hope in which change and growth are possible for their loved one.
Who are FOR services for?
FOR services are offered to families and friends who:
- live in the city of Toronto, and
- have a loved one that is 16 or over experiencing a mental health issue.
What services does the program provide?
FOR offers the following services:
- Supportive counselling
- Hospital-based family navigation
- Variety of group programming for families and friends
- Specialized supports, including:
1. Early Intervention Family Support
Support for family and friends of young adults experiencing early signs of psychosis.
2. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Informed Family Support
Support for family and friends of a loved one with a label of borderline personality disorder or other emotion dysregulation issues. This specialized support consists of an education and skills group followed by individual support with our DBT-informed family worker.
3. Family Navigation Program
In partnership with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, our family navigators provide support and education to families of individuals who encounter mental health services at the hospital.
Where are FOR services offered?
FOR services are offered at the two following locations:
- Toronto Site: 2333 Dundas St. W., Suite 501, Toronto, ON M6R 3A6
- Scarborough Site: 1200 Markham Rd., Suite 500, Scarborough, ON M1H 3C3
How do you apply to the FOR Program?
To access our services, please fill out the FOR Intake Form and fax or e-mail the referral to CMHA Toronto’s Intake Coordinator (contact information listed on the form).
To learn more about the program and the groups and workshops offered, please contact CMHA Toronto’s Information and Decision Support: 416-789-7957 x 3631 or email@example.com.