Our Family Outreach & Response Program (FOR) provides recovery oriented support to people who care about someone experiencing a mental health issue.
We know that families and friends of people struggling with mental health distress require support, information and skills to create an atmosphere of hope in which change and growth are possible. FOR provides supportive counselling and group programming to families and friends of people experiencing a mental health issue. FOR program staff are mental health professionals who also have either the personal or the family lived experience.
Who are FOR services for?
Any family member or friend, living in the city of Toronto, supporting someone experiencing a mental health issue, regardless of whether or not they have received a diagnosis or are connected with the mental health system.
- Family Recovery Support
Individual, family and group support to family members and friends who are concerned about a loved one aged 16 and over who is dealing with a complex mental health issue. To enroll please call 416-539-9449
- Early Psychosis Intervention Family Support
Individual, family and group support for family and friends of people ages 14-34 who are experiencing a first episode of psychosis. Early Psychosis Intervention support is offered at both our West and Scarborough locations. Tamil speaking services and programming are offered in Scarborough. To enroll please call 416-539-9449 (West location) or 416-789-7957 x3329 (Scarborough office) & x3299 for Tamil speaking
- St. Joseph’s Health Centre Family Navigation Support
Hospital navigation, support and group programming for families of individuals aged 16 and over who come into contact with mental health services at St. Joseph’s Health Centre (emergency department, crisis services, inpatient and outpatient). To enrol please call 416-539-9449 x225
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Informed Family Support
Individual, family and group support for family & friends supporting someone aged 16 and over with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder or other emotion dysregulation concerns (e.g. ongoing suicidal ideation or attempts, self-harming behaviors, concurrent substance misuse). To enroll please call 416-539-9449 x223
We have regular groups that are offered throughout the year, as well as workshops. For more details on groups please call 416-539-9449. Examples of groups offered include:
- 10 week Family Recovery Group
- 9 week Early Intervention Family Recovery Group (offered in English & Tamil)
- 12 week Family Connections Group (DBT-informed)
- Workshops for Families – suicide intervention, communication skills, wellness, mental health education
Where you can find us?
- Scarborough: 1200 Markham Road, Suite 500 Scarborough, Ontario M1H 3C3 T. 416.789.7957 x3329
- Toronto: 2333 Dundas St. W, Suite 501 Toronto, Ontario M6R 3A6 T. 416.539.9449 F. 416.539.8961