It’s been 61 years since CMHA Toronto began the Holiday Gift Program for those struggling with mental health issues. After all these years we’re still buying gifts, having hundreds of service users and volunteers put them together with care and sending front-line workers to deliver them to our clients.
With your support the Holiday Gift Program will reach more individuals this year who are in need of kindness during the holidays.
This year we have once again expanded the program and will be delivering 6788 gifts to Torontonians as well as 477 gifts for children. We now partner with three dozen other Toronto mental health agencies, enabling us to provide a helping hand to the homeless, children, women being sheltered from violence, recent immigrants and other at-risk individuals and families.
Donate Now and share a bit of that warmheartedness you feel during the holiday season with someone who needs it.
Every $10 buys a gift package (valued at nearly $25) for a client or their child, including necessities like soap and personal care items, and a little something special. A case worker from CMHA Toronto or one of our partnering agencies will bring the gifts during a visit or hand them out at one of our client holiday celebrations.
Thank you for lending a helping hand to those in need this holiday season. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
― Winston Churchill
Other Ways you can Donate to CMHA Toronto:
By Mail or Fax
Print out our Donation Form.
416.789.7957 ext 3147
Come to our office at 700 Lawrence Avenue W. #480 in Toronto. Please call ahead.
In Memory Donations
A caring way to convey sympathy and respect to surviving family members and loved ones. A notification card will be sent when you provide us with the family’s name(s) and address. A receipt will be sent to you. Make an In Memory Donation
Promote mental health and save taxes with gifts of stock, life insurance, annuities, trusts and bequests.
There are many different ways to make a planned gift. Planned gifts can be tailored to your personal and financial circumstances. The most common type of planned gift is a charitable bequest in a person’s Will. However, more and more Canadians are realizing the benefits of giving through methods such as gifts of publicly traded stocks and mutual funds and life insurance policies.
Planned gifts are easy to set up and they can provide you with:
- Current and future income tax savings
- Estate tax savings and planning benefits
- A lifetime income for you and/or your spouse
- Philanthropic satisfaction knowing that you have made a commitment to community mental health care and helped CMHA Toronto strive for the Association’s vision of mentally healthy people in a healthy society.
Your planned gift can be tailored to your personal and financial circumstances. If you wish, we can talk with you and your financial advisers to ensure your planned gift fits your desires, financial objectives, family needs, and tax situation. We would be happy to explain how your gift will be used and answer any of your questions about Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto Branch’s role in service, advocacy, education, and research. Please be assured that any discussion is confidential and will not obligate you to make a gift.
More information about Planned Giving? Planned Giving –
- Is a gift made, after careful consideration, through your financial or estate plan
- Requires some type of legal documentation, for example, a Will or a life insurance policy
- Is made from assets, not income
- Has tax advantages under current laws
- Is arranged now to provide funds to the Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto Branch, at some time in the future
- Is a gift that will help us promote the mental health of all and support the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. CMHA Toronto accomplishes this mission through service, advocacy, education, and research.
Please Seek Expert Advice: Canadian Mental Health Association strongly recommends professional advice to ensure that your financial goals are considered, your tax situation reviewed and your planned gift is tailored to your circumstances.
To find out more please contact our Fundraising Department at:
416-789-7957 ext 3147
(Charitable Registration No. 89344 9884 RR0001)