Thank you for your interest in CMHA Toronto’s Client and Family Advisor volunteer opportunities!
Client and Family Advisor Positions:
We are looking for individuals who have received care or who have supported a family member through care within the past two years who are:
- willing to share insights about care experience in ways other can learn from, and/or
- committed and believe that their time will make a difference, and/or
- respectful of the perspective of others and able to work in partnership with others
- Sharing your story: sharing your care experiences with staff serve as powerful tools for bringing about constructive change in the health care system.
- Working groups: provide input into client care, health system processes, client safety concerns, policy, and strategic improvement initiatives.
- Quality and process improvement: participate in a team that meets to focus on an issue, identify the root causes, create and test solutions, and implement the solution.
- Surveyor: participate in surveying clients about their care experiences to provide insight into which processes are working, and which processes can be improved.
Volunteers are asked to make a minimum one-year commitment.
- CMHA Toronto West Site, located at: 700 Lawrence Ave. W., Suite 480, Toronto ON M6A 3B4
- CMHA Toronto East site, located at: 1200 Markham Rd., Suite 500, Scarborough ON M1H 3C3
How do I become a Client and Family Advisor?
Program Manager/Privacy Officer, CMHA Toronto
Tel: 416-78-6879 Fax: 416-289-6843