CMHA Toronto is a great place to work! We have a positive and fair workplace culture, where staff are provided with opportunities for learning and advancement. We are also big believers in wellness and work-life balance.
If you care about mental illness and mental health and you have the right skills, then CMHA Toronto may be the place for you.
Current job opportunities are posted below, and can also be found on Charity Village and Working in Mental Health, so please check out those websites for employment opportunities.
Please keep in mind that only those selected for an interview will be contacted, and that we are unable to respond to phone inquiries.
TRANSITIONAL CASE MANAGER
Transitional Rehabilitation Housing Program (TRHP) Weston Site
1 Year Contract
The Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto offers intensive case management services as part of the continuum of mental health services and supports for people with serious mental illness. This position is a result of an initiative designed to facilitate the placement and support of forensic patients in transitional and supportive housing within a 24/7 staffed CMHA operated building, with the goal of rehabilitation and community reintegration. The Transitional Rehabilitation Housing Program (TRHP) Team is partnered with CAMH’s Law and Mental Health Program and provides service in collaboration with the forensic mental health system and community partners. All clients have been found Not Criminally Responsible (NCR) and are under the purview of the Ontario Review Board (ORB). Transitional Case Managers hold forensic designate status and balance clients’ recovery goals with risk management and community safety.
- Assessment, intake and collaborative service care planning; linkage to community resources.
- Orientation to program, agency and community; supporting clients to understand and adhere to the conditions of their ORB Dispositions.
- Provision of on-site and community based services and interventions, including support with ADLs, maintaining structured day time activities, group facilitation, social rec programming, psycho-education, structured relapse prevention etc.
- Acting as liaison between related CMHA Programs and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) Law and Mental Health Program as well as community service providers.
- Maintaining trusting, respectful and collaborative working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Risk assessment/management, crisis prevention/intervention, monitoring, evaluation and follow-up.
- Some coordination of site maintenance duties may be required.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Social Work/Social Science or related field; college diploma with directly related work/life experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years full-time experience in direct service delivery to adults with serious and complex mental health issues, including those with concurrent disorders.
- Knowledge of forensic mental health, the criminal justice system, concurrent disorders, psychosocial rehabilitation, recovery principles and supportive housing strongly preferred.
- Strong assessment, service planning and crisis prevention/intervention skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an anti-oppression approach to practice is required.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license is required. The successful applicant must have access to a car and insurance for workplace use.
Salary Range: $ 48,609 to $58,532 + 4% vacation pay
Hours of work: 12pm to 8pm; Potential for hours of work between 8am to 8pm including morning/day/evening shifts.
Please submit cover letters and resumes by November 8 2017 by 5:00pm to Program Manager, Transitional Case Management and Housing Programs, Canadian Mental Health Association – Toronto Branch, 700 Lawrence Ave., West, Ste. 480, Toronto, Ontario, M6A 3B4. E-mail: email@example.com or Fax 416-789-9079. If submitting resume/CV by e-mail, please submit as one document and type Transitional Case Manager in the subject line. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
The Canadian Mental Health Association is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups’ including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system. If you are contacted by our offices regarding a job opportunity please advise prior to the interview should you require any accommodation.