The NAMI Family-to-Family Program is postponed until further notice.
Next Session: TBD
Please click here for information about our Family Outreach & Response program: The Family Outreach and Response (FOR) Program at CMHA Toronto provides recovery-oriented support to families and friends who have a loved one experiencing a mental health issue
A free 8-week course, the NAMI Family-to-Family Education course follows a set curriculum which balances education and skills training with self-care, emotional support and empowerment
- Current information about major mental illnesses, dual-diagnosis, and concurrent disorders
- Up-to-date information about treatment, including medications and side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Current research on the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
- Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services.
Visit NAMI Family-to-Family Programs, Ontario for more information
If you have any questions or require assistance please call 416-789-7957 ext. 3035 or email email@example.com