provide comprehensive employment assistance to individuals living with mental illness. The program focuses on developing competitive job opportunities to assist people in finding and maintaining employment.
• Employment Planning
focuses on developing an individualized Employment Action Plan, which includes resume development and interview preparation. Employment Support Workers (ESWs) work with their clients to develop realistic employment goals and conduct labour market research, and to support their clients as they apply to potential employers. Once employment is secured, ESWs continue working with clients to assist them with maintaining employment.
• Job Development
provides one-to-one job searches based on clients’ goals, previous work experience and education. ESWs connect with potential employers to discuss clients’ suitability for employment opportunities and advocate for accommodations when necessary.
• Job Coaching
focuses on providing on-the-job support to our clients in the workplace. Employment Services also operates a consumer-run Cafeteria/Catering and Cleaning business.
These programs are funded by Service Canada, Ontario Disability Employment Support Program (ODSP), and the
Central Local Health Integrated Network (LHIN).
Who are Employment Services for?
• Individuals who are 16 years of age and older and are experiencing mental health challenges
• Individuals who are ready and motivated to enter the workforce
• Services are available to residents seeking employment in the City of Toronto
• Individuals who are recipients of Employment Insurance (EI) are not eligible to receive service
Where are Employment Services offered?
• Services are offered in our offices, in the community, and in the workplace.
How do you apply for Employment Services?
• Contact the Employment Services Intake worker at 416-789-7957 ext 3156 or e-mail: email@example.com
CMHA Toronto would like to thank ERA (electronic.recycling.association) for their generous donation of laptops for our Employment service users. These laptops have been of great benefit to our service users, aiding them with on-going job searching and achieving employment goals.