MH&J Case Management Services provide support to individuals living with mental illness who are involved in the criminal justice system and require supportive housing.
MH&J Case Management Services
provide support to individuals living with mental illness who are involved in the criminal justice system and require supportive housing. These individuals are provided with a high level of support that is flexible, portable, and individualized, with the goal of preventing future involvement with the criminal justice system. This program also includes the provision of 395 supportive housing units in Toronto, which are part of a coordinated system of services offered by CMHA Toronto, COTA Health, Loft Community Services, and Houselink Community Homes.
Who are MHJ Case Management Services for?
• Individuals who are 16 years and older
• Individuals who are currently involved in the criminal justice system
• Individuals who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
• Individuals who have independent living skills and who can be safely supported in the community
Where are MHJ Case Management Services offered?
• MH&J Case Management Services are offered in the community, in clients’ homes, and in our offices.
How do you apply for MHJ Case Management Services?
• Access to MHJ Case Management Services is limited to Priority Referral Sources, which include the police, correctional facilities, probation and parole officers, and Law & Mental Health Programs.
These Priority Referral Sources can apply by contacting The Access Point at 416-640-1934 or visiting their website at www.theaccesspoint.ca (The Access Point is an Intake Service that provides coordinated access for Case Management Services in Toronto).