MHJ Court Support & Diversion Services work with individuals living with mental illness who have criminal charges pending at the Metro East (Scarborough) and Metro West (Etobicoke) courts.
MHJ Court Support & Diversion Services
work with individuals living with mental illness who have criminal charges pending at the Metro East (Scarborough) and Metro West (Etobicoke) courts. These individuals may be diverted from the court system and connected to mental health and support services in the community. Court Support Services also provide consultation for individuals who do not qualify for diversion, linking them to services to facilitate bail or to assist with sentencing. Where needed, Court Support Services provides intensive case management to clients. In addition, information and consultation is provided to lawyers, the judiciary, probation and bail supervisors, and families.
Who are Court Support Services for?
• Individuals 18 years of age and older
• Individuals with a serious mental illness
• Individuals charged with a criminal offence who are appearing in either the Metro East Courthouse or the Metro West Courthouse
Where are Court Support Services offered?
• Services are offered in:
– The Metro East Courthouse, 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, Room 403
– The Metro West Courthouse, 2201 Finch Avenue West, 1st Floor
• Services are also offered in the community and in clients’ homes.
How do you apply for Court Support Services?
• For individuals appearing in the Metro East Courthouse, please contact 416-285-4177
• For individuals appearing in the Metro West Courthouse, please contact 416-745-5775